Diese Website verwendet Cookies, damit wir dir die bestmögliche Benutzererfahrung bieten können. Cookie-Informationen werden in deinem Browser gespeichert und führen Funktionen aus, wie das Wiedererkennen von dir, wenn du auf unsere Website zurückkehrst, und hilft unserem Team zu verstehen, welche Abschnitte der Website für dich am interessantesten und nützlichsten sind.
The Great Game: Unveiling the Untold Stories of Power, Intrigue, and Rivalries that Shaped History
23. November 2023Nächste Episode
Chapter 1:what is The Great Game book about
"The Great Game" by John Steele Gordon is a non-fiction book that explores the history of Wall Street and the American financial system. It covers the period from the founding of Wall Street in the late 18th century to the present day, highlighting the major players, events, and developments that shaped the financial landscape of America. The book delves into the strategies, risks, successes, and failures of Wall Street, drawing from historical anecdotes and economic analysis to shed light on the inner workings of the financial industry. It also touches upon the regulatory framework and the pivotal role of government in shaping Wall Street's trajectory.
Chapter 2:Author of The Great Game book
John Steele Gordon is an acclaimed American author known for his expertise in economic and financial history. He has written several highly regarded books, including "The Great Game: The Emergence of Wall Street as a World Power, 1653-2000." This book delves into the fascinating history of American finance and Wall Street, exploring how it evolved from a local market into a global powerhouse.
Gordon's writing is meticulously researched and blends historical facts with engaging narratives, making complex economic concepts easily understandable for readers. His ability to tell captivating stories while explaining intricate financial matters has won him widespread recognition and praise.
Gordon's works are revered for their depth of knowledge, portraying a deep understanding of the subject matter he addresses. In "The Great Game," he explores key events such as the founding of the New York Stock Exchange, the rise of investment banking, and the impact of financial crises over the centuries. Through his meticulous analysis, Gordon provides valuable insights into the economic history of the United States.
Beyond "The Great Game," John Steele Gordon has authored numerous other books, such as "An Empire of Wealth: The Epic History of American Economic Power" and "Hamilton's Blessing: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Our National Debt." These books further display his ability to make complex economic topics engaging and accessible.
As an author and historian, John Steele Gordon continues to contribute to our understanding of economic and financial history. His works shed light on the transformative power of economics and the influence of finance on societies, making him a prominent figure in the field of economic history.
Chapter 3:why is The Great Game book worth reading
- Unique Historical Perspective: The book provides a comprehensive and engaging exploration of the pivotal period between the end of the American Civil War and the beginning of World War I. It covers the emergence of the United States as a major world power and its interactions and competition with other global powers during that time.
- Engaging Writing Style: John Steele Gordon possesses a talent for presenting history in a compelling and accessible manner. His storytelling ability makes complex ideas and events easily understandable, ensuring an enjoyable and immersive reading experience.
- Insight into International Geopolitics: "The Great Game" delves into the geopolitical struggles and conflicts between nations during the period. It offers valuable insights into the motivations, strategies, and actions of the major powers at the time, shedding light on how these factors shaped the world we live in today.
- Examination of Key Figures and Events: Through the book, readers gain a deeper understanding of the significant figures and events that shaped the era. Gordon examines the actions and decisions of influential individuals such as Theodore Roosevelt, William McKinley, Woodrow Wilson, and more, providing intriguing insights into their impact on American policy and global affairs.
- Relevance to Contemporary Issues: Many of the issues and conflicts explored in "The Great Game" resonate with contemporary global relations. From economic rivalries and military buildups to the quest for foreign resources and the pursuit of national interests, understanding the historical context can provide valuable insights into present-day challenges.
Overall, "The Great Game" combines well-researched historical analysis with engaging storytelling, making it worth reading for anyone interested in understanding the United States' rise to global power and its interactions with the world during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Chapter 4: Books like The Great Game book
- "Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World" by Liaquat Ahamed: This book explores the lives and actions of the central bankers of the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany during the interwar period, leading up to the Great Depression.
- "The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money & Power" by Daniel Yergin: This Pulitzer Prize-winning book covers the history of the oil industry, including the power struggles, politics, and economic impact of this vital resource.
- "The End of Alchemy: Money, Banking, and the Future of the Global Economy" by Mervyn King: Written by the former governor of the Bank of England, this book delves into the role of central banks in shaping the global economy and their response to financial crises.
- "The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World" by Niall Ferguson: This comprehensive overview covers the history of money and banking, exploring the impact of finance on societies around the world.
- "The House of Morgan: An American Banking Dynasty and the Rise of Modern Finance" by Ron Chernow: This book provides an in-depth look at the history and influence of the Morgan banking family, tracing their rise from the mid-19th century to the present day.
- "The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine" by Michael Lewis: This gripping non-fiction book explores the events leading up to the 2008 financial crisis, focusing on the individuals who predicted and profited from it.
- "Money Changes Everything: How Finance Made Civilization Possible" by William N. Goetzmann: This book offers a historical perspective on the role of finance throughout human civilization, exploring its impact on societies, economies, and culture.
Du möchtest deinen Podcast auch kostenlos hosten und damit Geld verdienen?
Dann schaue auf www.kostenlos-hosten.de und informiere dich.
Dort erhältst du alle Informationen zu unseren kostenlosen Podcast-Hosting-Angeboten. kostenlos-hosten.de ist ein Produkt der Podcastbude.
Gern unterstützen wir dich bei deiner Podcast-Produktion.
+++Werbung+++ Jetzt im neuen Jahr besser füttern mit biologisch artgerechtem Rohfutter von BARFER’S. Für Deinen Hund oder Deine Katze mit 10 % Rabatt mit dem Gutscheincode „PODCAST10“. https://www.barfers-wellfood.de/
- 00:00 Kapitel 1
Wähle deinen Podcatcher oder kopiere den Link: